Men’s wallets are made of different materials, including carbon fiber. If this is your first time hearing about carbon fiber wallets, your life is about to change.
What is carbon fiber?
Carbon fiber or “graphite fiber” is a durable material that is made of fibers that are five to ten micrometers in diameter. It’s a strong material that is used to replace steel, and is often found in aircraft and sporting equipment (e.g. tennis rackets, archery bows, hockey sticks).
Carbon fiber is also found in wallets. This is because carbon fiber can block radio frequency identification (RFID) signals. Aside from aluminum, copper, and alloy nickel, RFID-blocking wallets can contain layers of carbon fiber.
Why should you get a carbon fiber wallet?
Carbon fiber wallets are expensive for a reason. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you should consider purchasing a wallet that’s made of this super-strong material.
- They’re insanely tensile. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel. Its tensile strength is significantly higher than any other type of fabric out there. A wallet that’s made of carbon fiber will never wear out.
- They’re tough as nails. The crystalline structure of carbon fiber means that it can withstand whatever is thrown at it. Whether you’re mountain climbing, canoeing, or hiking, you can take your carbon fiber wallet anywhere.
- They’re lightweight. For something so strong, it’s surprisingly light. One of the benefits of an RFID-blocking wallet is that its weight won’t drag you down.
- They’re unique. If leather wallets are too conventional for your taste, you’ll love carbon fiber wallets. They stand out due to their distinct appearance. Carbon fiber flaunts a pattern that’s difficult to replicate.
- They can withstand high temperatures. One of the enemies of minimalist leather wallets is moisture. Poor storage can cause fungi and bacteria to thrive. You won’t encounter this problem with carbon fiber.
Carbon fiber wallets are, without a doubt, the most durable type of wallet in the market. That’s why most tactical wallets are made of them.
Buyer beware! If you find a “carbon fiber wallet that’s being sold for $20, it’s likely fake. Always buy a carbon fiber wallet from a reputable brand such as Trayvax.
What are the best carbon fiber wallets?
#1 Frenchie Co. Speed Wallet Mini
The Frenchie Co. Carbon Speed Wallet Mini is a trifold wallet with a premium price. Complete with quick-access card slots and an easy-access cash slot, it’s spacious enough to carry twelve credit cards and a lot of cash. Best of all, it boasts a carbon fiber finish that’s accented by seamless stitching. Its cover features eco-friendly leather for a touch of flair. It comes in a larger version, the Frenchie Co. Speed Wallet.
#2 The Fantom Wallet
The Fantom Wallet is a cascading wallet with RFID-blocking technology. It allows you to conveniently “fan” out your cards for easy access. It comes with a small compartment where you can store coins and other tiny things. Its stand-out feature is its futuristic finish -- it was, after all, designed by real engineers.
#3 Coveter Premium Carbon Fiber Wallet
The Coveter Premium Carbon Fiber Wallet is a cutting-edge take on the classic bi-fold wallet for men. It’s made entirely of carbon fiber, making it corrosion-resistant, water-resistant, heat-resistant, and so on. Inside, you’ll find card slots made of rich cow leather, as well as an internal money clip for easy access to your cash.
#4 HuMn Double Carbon Fiber Wallet
If you don’t want leather at all, the HuMn Double Carbon Fiber Wallet was made for you. Aside from being an RFID-blocking wallet, it’s a slim wallet for men that uses a strap to hold the cards in place. It’s around the size of a standard credit card, so you can slip it into your pants pocket inconspicuously. As a minimalist wallet for men, it’s premium and practical.
Is carbon fiber too pricey for you?
Wallets that are made entirely of carbon fiber can be pricey. Chances are, you won’t find a carbon fiber wallet that’s cheaper than $90. If it’s beyond your budget, you can always stick to the Trayvax Original 2.0 Wallet. While it isn’t crafted from carbon fiber, it still has RFID-blocking technology, and that’s what truly matters. It can carry the same (if not more) number of cards as a carbon fiber wallet, plus it comes with a 65-year warranty.
It’s worth mentioning that RFID wallets don’t always come in carbon fiber finishes. Many times, RFID-blocking wallets can be classic leather wallets or metal wallets, too.
If you’re shopping for a strong and safe wallet, you should check out Trayvax’s collection of RFID-resistant wallets. We have plenty of options for you to choose from.