Police and news agencies across the country have been posting numerous warnings about pickpockets.Omaha police are warning Nebraskans about a group of thieves stealing credit cards out of women’s purses. The Olathe Police Department released video of two thieves who came to a Panera Bread to steal from customers. And investigators in Miami say an organized group of professional pickpockets are stealing from unsuspecting people in crowded restaurants and stores. So what can you do to protect yourself both at home and abroad?
1) Limit what you carry. It’s become the Trayvax motto, “carry only what you need.” Pickpockets can’t steal what you don’t have. Get rid of unnecessary items and take a minimalistic approach to carrying cash and cards. Leave your valuables locked away and only bring the essentials.
2) Keep wallets in your front pocket. Back pocket wallets are an easy target for thieves. A super slim wallet creates a slim profile and allows you to store valuables in your front pocket where they’re harder to steal.
3) Keep larger items around your waist. Purses, passports and extra items should be stored around the waist. You should still keep your money and debit/credit cards that you need for the day in your wallet stored in your front pocket, but all the extras should be stored around the waist. Some purse straps, like the Epiphany Clutch, can be used as waist straps.
4) Leave nothing unattended. If you leave your purse or wallet unattended, you’re just asking for trouble. Don’t make it easy for thieves to steal your valuables. It sounds simple, but many of the above news reports can be attributed to unattended purses. Do not hang a bag or purse over the back of a chair and do not leave it behind while you walk off.
5) Never pat your pocket to see if your wallet is there. This lets a criminal know the exact location of your valuables.
Don’t let thieves get the upper hand. Instead, be prepared the next time you the leave the house.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We have found many uses for Laser Engraving beyond marking the products themselves. From creating materials to be used in the warehouse, packaging from products or directly in correlation with product development. Watching the laser create some of the first prototypes of a new product is a feat to experience.
The decision is a hard one as many dream of their wedding celebration for years. It is a special day that ripples for a lifetime of happiness. Finding the perfect gift can be a major hurdle in these uncertain times. A unique gift, that is high quality, stylish, useful and will last a lifetime?
Look no further, we created this convenient Wedding Gift Guide to “wow!” the bride and groom or (if you are the bride or groom) great group gift ideas for the wedding party.
-Shipping times are back to the normal 5-10 business days.
-Engraving is back. Available for the Ascent, Element and OG 2.0
-Tobacco Leather is back in stock. Get your new Ascent, Element or Contour today.
-Link EDC & Keyton carabiners have been restocked & are now available