Let's face it. Everybody's parents are different, but they did bring us into the world. Tradition demands that once a year we recognize our father for his contribution to who we are today (and also buy him a tie). Here's 6 ideas to help you say "thank you" like you mean it:
1. Call him at midnight to say, "Happy Father's Day!" This one is especially important if you have siblings. I bet they didn't stay up all the way until midnight to call Dad.
2. Get him that tool that he's been eyeing, the silly one, that he won't use more than once in a blue moon. He'll appreciate the fact that you appreciate him appreciating borderline useless tools every time he moves it from one box to a different box.
3. Make him a nice homemade arts and craft project just like the good ol' days. Nothing says 'I love you' like macaroni art.
4. Buy him a complicated piece of technology. He'll spend the next week trying to figure out how to turn the darn thing on. Hours and hours of fun!
5. Clean your room and send him a picture. It's never too late!
6. Include an unflattering photo of him caressing a stuffed deer in your Father's day blog post.