Trayvax is an equal opportunity employer. Please keep in mind that we are located in Bellingham, WA and are unable to pay relocation expenses.
TRAYVAX Mission: To design for longevity, inspire to action, and give from passion; to drive a greater love of the outdoors to humankind.
Are you an adventurous person who likes to explore, get outside and try new things? We are a Bellingham based manufacturer with an outdoor focus, looking for somebody who is ready to put their skills to the test.
We are an innovative company on the leading edge of technology -- 360 video, virtual reality, and new product design to name a few. We need a graphic designer / marketing assistant who can help us with video production and editing, photography, assist marketing in creating content for our website, emails, partners and social media accounts. This position will also assist in packaging design and proofing. You'll also work directly with vendors to ensure all marketing collateral is proofed and follows brand standards.
If you're just as passionate about design as you are about the outdoors, this will be a good fit for you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Content creation (video, photography and blog content): creates original designs and visual content for social media, email, signage, banners, brochures, flyers and presentations
- Creates layouts and designs of digital and print ads, brochures, blog posts, and all marketing collateral
- Updates company website assets and assists with the development of website creative content
- Assists in editing video and photography
- Ensures brand consistency across marketing projects
- Communicates with printers and vendors
- Oversees proofs and production timelines
- Works collaboratively in team-oriented environment
- Organizes marketing department files and folders both on the cloud and locally
- Provides general marketing support, including performing market research, formatting reports, writing copy, and producing and updating spreadsheets
- Above average working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office 2003, and Adobe Acrobat CS3 or comparable
- Knowledge of digital ad design; experience with HTML5 preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional typography, compositional and layout skills
- Photography and photo editing skills
- Videography and video editing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts
- Good sense of typographic principles, layout composition and color theory
- Working knowledge of web design concept
- Office Skills: Google (Mail, Drive, Calendar), Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with a solid independent work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills
- A team player with strong organizational skills
- Prompt, professional and reliable with a positive attitude
- Social Media Skills: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Flickr (includes drafting posts, scheduling posts, social listening and reporting on social analytics)
- Associate Degree or Higher
- 1-2 years' prior experience working in a marketing department
- Must be able to travel to local spots for video and photography needs
- Must be able to work from home when required
- Medical-Dental-Vision (75% employer paid)
- Simple IRA with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick
- 6 paid holidays
- Monthly recognition events
- Volunteer opportunities
- 4-day work week
- Free snacks
- Professional development opportunities
FTE: .75 (30 hours per week)
Salary: DOE. No relocation assistance provided.
To Apply: Please email your resume, and cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications, and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.